Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FlopTopz


First, I have this thing about icky, dirty feet. I cannot stand the feel of sand in my shoes or between my toes. When I'm outside wearing my flip flops, dirt and sand will inevitably hitch a ride. I hate the feeling so much that I often have to run inside to wash off my feet, or book it to the hose to rid the hitchhiking sand and dirt off my feet.

Second, I recently purchased a pair of cheap-o flip flops from Old Navy. They are just plain jane flip flops but they work well. However, after a few uses I noticed the bottoms of my feet turning black and I soon realized it was the color of the sandal rubbing off on my foot! It made my feet look like I had been walking in tar all day. SICK! I retired them, thinking there was no hope. That's just disgusting.

Third, I have an expensive pair of Merrell slides that I bought years ago and I just love them. They fit my feet like a glove. I was devastated to come home from work one day to find that my pit bull had begun using them as his next victim. I was able to rescue them in time, but the footbed of the slide had some chew marks. The sandals were still usable, but those chew marks felt uncomfortable on the bottom of my foot. Still, I continued to wear them. Grin and bear it, right?

The icky feet, black marking flip flops, and chewed up Merrells made me think that there had to be a way to resurrect and fix these imperfections. So I googled "Sandal Insoles" not expecting much (after all, how can you put an insole on a sandal?) and was relieved to find FlopTopz.

FlopTopz had great reviews on Amazon, much to my surprise. They have an adhesive backing that keeps them on your shoe. They say they are for flip flops, and even have a groove to accommodate the thong toe thingy, but I bought them in hopes of healing my poor, chewed up Merrells. So, I said what the heck, and purchased them.

When they arrived I promptly inserted them into my Merrells. The size fit perfectly with no trimming needed. The adhesive stuck perfectly and is still sticking almost a week later. They have a satiny soft cover and are slightly padded. And they don't make my Merrells feel any tighter on my foot.

I am extremely pleased with these insoles. I am going to buy a pair for the tar flip flops as well. What a great way to make a $5 pair of flip flops feel like a million bucks! I no longer feel the need to throw out my Merrells either, and I expect a few more years use out of them now thanks to the FlopTopz.

The pair I purchased were black, around $12. Well worth every penny in my opinion. These are unnoticeable in my sandals which is great, but they also come in some funky patterns and colors if you want to stand out. Ha.....no pun intended.

Resurrect your sandals with FlopTopz!

No comments:

Post a Comment