Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Matrix Total Results Curl Super Defrizzer Gel



Okay. I don't normally piss away money on expensive hair products because I simply can't afford it. I should though, since my hair is an unruly, frizzy, mess of fried straw after years of dyeing it. However, I've bought just about every cheapo product out there that says it tames frizz, and haven't found anything I'm in love with yet.

My hair is mostly straight, dyed blonde with highlights. It has a natural very slight wave and tends to get frizzy. I wish I had that super straight sleek look that some lucky girls have. But, I have to play the hand I was dealt. I take my showers at night and go to bed with wet hair. I'm sure that's 90% of my problem. I do not have time to shower, blow dry, and style in the morning. So I try to make sense of the mess quickly before I head to work by brushing and rubbing in a serum of some sort and maybe spraying some shine spray on it. Nothing really helps and by midday, you can't really tell I've done anything. So I just brush it frequently or pull it back into a ponytail.

While at the hairdresser one day getting my routine highlights done, I noticed she was using a new product. It was called Matrix Total Results Curl Super Defrizzer Gel. The smell was what really made me notice. It was the best smelling hair product I've ever smelled. The scent was crisp, clean, and not overpowering or fruity/flowery. I told myself I don't care if it worked or not, I loved the smell and had to have it. So I forked over $16 for a tube, quite the splurge for me since I normally settle for Suave or Tresseme.

The directions say to use it on damp hair and to diffuse dry or air dry. Well, since I always let my hair air dry and never blowdry, I thought it would be perfect. I was impatient and decided to try it immediately on my dry hair, hoping it would at least tame the flyaways and frizzies. EPIC FAIL. It seemed to make my hair frizzier and even a bit crusty! Okay okay.... follow the directions and use it on damp hair. Fine. So that's what I did. The next morning I wet down my hair with a spray bottle and then used the product. I couldn't really tell until my hair had dried some if it was working or not. You can imagine my disappointment when I looked in the mirror at work and realized my hair was frizzier than ever. What the hell!?

I really wanted this product to work. But after a few days of the same terrible results, I gave up and gave it to a friend who has naturally curly hair. She absolutely loves it and her hair looks fabulous! Since my hair is not curly, just barely wavy (if you can even call it that), I guess I need something different and not something intended for curly hair. It was more like hair gel than a defrizzer.

So, I still haven't found anything that works like a miracle. People tell me of their miracle products all the time and I rush out to the store to try them, and I'm just not impressed. The only thing that even comes close to "sort of" working is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. Still, even that doesn't do the best job in the world and I'm brushing like crazy by noon. Sigh.....

I'm not saying this is a terrible product. My friend still loves it and her curly hair looks great every day. So if you have curly hair, by all means give this a try. But if your hair is wavy or you'd just like it more straight, don't get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment