Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Naturale Beauty Mineral Face Makeup Set

Years ago, I was watching an infomercial for Sheer Cover mineral makeup. Being the infomercial sucker that I am, I hastily purchased it. Although it was overpriced and I forgot several times to cancel their silly membership and was charged an arm and a leg, I actually found the product to be wonderful. The mineral makeup felt great on my face and covered imperfections better than any other makeup I've ever tried, and it didn't feel like "paint" on my face.

Unfortunately, Sheer Cover was too expensive for me to keep purchasing. (Pssst.... want to know WHY stuff is so expensive? They have to pay for those expensive infomercials that cost a fortune! If a product rarely advertises, it will cost less. If they advertise frequently and you see ads for it everywhere, it will be more money. Just look around and see for yourself!). But I really liked the mineral makeup, and wanted to buy it again.

I headed over to Amazon and did a search for "Mineral Makeup." The first result was for Naturale Beauty Mineral Makeup, and it was only $10! I thought Ten dollars? It can't possibly be good. I mean, just a bottle of foundation at the drugstore is $8-$12! But it had good reviews, so I gave it a whirl. I figured I'd only be out $10 if it didn't work, so why not? I was a little concerned when one of the reviews mentioned that this company is the same company that makes the ELF makeup you see in dollar stores. I've tried that stuff, and it SUCKS. But again, it was only $10.

It came, and I quickly tried it out, not having high expectations. It came with three little jars, a face brush, and a teeny concealer brush. Of the three jars, there was one for foundation, one foundation booster (whatever that is), and one for blush. I remember from having Sheer Cover that you dip the brush into the makeup, swirl it around in the cap, then tap off the excess. To apply to your face, you use a circular motion with the brush, reapplying the powder to the brush as necessary. The instructions for this was pretty much the same.

I applied the foundation, the booster, and the blush per instruction. I was actually very impressed! It covered just as well as the more expensive Sheer Cover. I try to steer clear of blush, since my face gets red easily throughout the day, but the blush in this kit was very subtle and gave my cheeks a healthy, natural glow, not a clown look. Throughout the day, my makeup stayed flawless. I tend to have oily skin and even that seemed to be at bay with the help of this makeup.

I noticed this company also makes mineral eye makeup, and I may purchase that at some point, too. I'm very happy with this inexpensive yet marvelous product! Finally, something as good as the name brand without the infomercial price. Don't bother with Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover. Try this first and save yourself some money! It comes in three kit choices for fair, medium, and warm skin. I tried the warm and was very happy. Even if you bought all three color kits, you'd still be paying less money than for one kit of Sheer Cover.

If you are a fan of mineral makeup, or are thinking of trying it for the first time, I truly believe you will not be disappointed with this product. Follow the directions and you'll have a flawless look all day, and you won't be broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment